We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rockport Maine in August ( no car )

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rockport Maine in August ( no car )

Hi...me and my husband will be travelling from UK to Boston and then getting train from North Station in Rockport MA to spend four days in August....would be so grateful for any ideas, suggestions or recommendations on what we will be able to do and see bearing in mind we wont have use of a car.

Thanks

SB

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rockport Maine in August ( no car )

Rockport MA is in Massachusetts, you have posted your question in the Rockport ME forum (Rockport Maine).

I don't think there's any train service up to Rockport Maine. As far as I know the Amtrak train goes from Boston up to PORTLAND, Maine, and then it is bus service after that.

Rockport Maine is not especially tourist-friendly without a car, but nearby Camden would be a decent option.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,766 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rockport Maine in August ( no car )

Sez -- If you really are headed to Rockport, Massachusetts, you really will want to ask your question again in the Trip Advisor Forum for that town, rather than leave it here in the Rockport, Maine Forum.....some of us here are a little familiar with Rockport, Massachusetts, but re-posting your question in that forum will get you more, more informative, and more helpful answers.

I would:

-- highlight and copy the question you asked above

-- scroll up this page to just above the "Ask A Question" to where it says "Forums" and click on "Forums"

-- when the list pops up, click on United States Forums, then click on Massachusetts

-- when it pops up, select "Ask a Question" and then paste your question into the question box on that page.....

-- then wait for the folks who know Rockport, Massachusetts the best to respond to you....

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,610 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rockport Maine in August ( no car )

If it is indeed Rockport, Mass, be sure to change the subject line to "Rockport, Mass. in August," too (otherwise you'll be sent right back here ;-)

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rockport Maine in August ( no car )

Ok will repost thank you

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rockport Maine in August ( no car )

Hi Again...sorry I am staying in Seven South Street Inn which is in Rockport in Maine.....I am confused are there two Rockports then one in Mass and one in Maine ? I

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,060 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rockport Maine in August ( no car )

Yes, there are two Rockports, one in Maine and one in Massachusetts. Seven South Street Inn is in Massachusetts. NOT in Maine.

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rockport Maine in August ( no car )

OK thanks for clarifying.....

8. Re: Rockport Maine in August ( no car )

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, July 12, 2016