We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brown Bag Bakery and Deli & Wassus

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
105 posts
300 reviews
Save Topic
Brown Bag Bakery and Deli & Wassus

Sent my wife and Sister-In-Law to the bakery..I went around the corner to Wassus for "2 with onions and hot relish." The all meat dogs arrive on the traditional New England hot dog roll...If you have ever had a Nedick's hot dog in NYC, this is almost a direct copy of it. I liked them. Good...just not great.

The Brown Bag Bakery's chicken salad and potato salad looked ok...Just nothing special according to my wife and Sister-in-Law. But their assorted bakery bars (lemon bars, chocolate raspberry and marzipan bars) were fantastic.

For me, I'm glad I just had my dessert there.

Mid Coast Maine
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Brown Bag Bakery and Deli & Wassus

The Brown Bag has wonderful haddock chowder or crab meat melt. There specials are always a great choice. I personally have nver had the chicken salad or potato salad. In general it is a great choice for lunch. But the previous poster is correct about the bars and cookies. A trip to the brown bag is never complete without a little dessert.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brown Bag Bakery and Deli & Wassus

Dear Iluvfood,

I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment of the Brown Bag :). I love the place and have been going there for eons and have never been disappointed whether I order soup, salad, quiche, or whatever. And their desserts are the best, especially their oatmeal raisen cookies :).

However, my favorite is their roast turkey sandwich, which comes on the freshest baked bread with cranberry sauce. It is carved right off the turkey and is not the processed deli stuff. There's something to be said for food that is made fresh daily and doesn't come pre-packaged off a truck :).

cozyharbor

Maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Brown Bag Bakery and Deli & Wassus

As one who works in Rockland, another Brown Bag lover here!! Great sandwiches, love their haddock chowder, crab melt, turkey sandwich and BLT especially. And the desserts...yum!!

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
462 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brown Bag Bakery and Deli & Wassus

There are 2 other places I would recommend, 1 also serves lunches,etc. and also has groceries. Their muffins and desserts are great. This is called Market Basket and is at the stoplight that takes you into Rockport. The other place is between Rockport and Rockland and is called Sweet Sensations, it is a bakery that has LOTS of great desserts. They have French desserts you can also buy. I look forward to getting back to both these places. Also you should check out Beth's Farm Market (in the same area), they have lots of fresh produce, homemade pies that someone brings in everyday. I was there last year when they delivered these and it was hard to choose but the blueberry pie won out!!! The store itself is quite interesting, you can spend time just poking around at all she has.

If you get to this area just give them a try.

5. Re: Brown Bag Bakery and Deli & Wassus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 16, 2009