We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving coastal rental north of Portland ME - good idea

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving coastal rental north of Portland ME - good idea

We're thinking about renting a place literally on the water north of Portland (e.g. near Harpswell) for Thanksgiving week. Any thoughts re climate, sea state, etc.?

Follow-up question: spouse found no shortage of restaurants near Portland serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (at least if lobster is part of your tradition). Any one of them stand out? Already too late for reservations?

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving coastal rental north of Portland ME - good idea

Your guess is as good as ours when it comes to climate, sea state, etc. November can be pretty wintry or just somewhat cool. So far this fall we've had an earthquake and a hurricane, neither of which is usual, so who knows? I think Harpswell would be pretty deserted this time of year.

Most Mainers eat Thanksgiving dinner at home or with family, so I think it would not be too late for dinner reservations. In fact, I've seen little advertised so far. What places interested you?

2. Re: Thanksgiving coastal rental north of Portland ME - good idea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Portland