We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restuarant Sunday night with 16 year old

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
restuarant Sunday night with 16 year old

One night in Portland. Staying in Scarborough. would like to see a little of Portland and have dinner with my 16 year old daughter. I know there must be a lot of good restaurants but any you would recommend for a good "Portland" experience for the two,of us?

Mentioned in this post
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,811 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restuarant Sunday night with 16 year old

There are so very many good choices in Portland. What do you like? Seafood? Formal or informal? On of my favorite higher end restaurants there s Fore St. For casual, I love Duckfat. Their fries are delicious, fried in duckfat with a choice of dipping sauces, and their soups are lovely, especially when it is cold out.

Mentioned in this post
Duckfat
Duckfat
1,791 Reviews
Portland, ME
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,834 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restuarant Sunday night with 16 year old

Won't be the best food you could get but might be fun:

http://www.dimillos.com/restaurant/

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restuarant Sunday night with 16 year old

Can't miss with a 16 year old:

flatbreadcompany.com/FlatbreadPortland2010.h…

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,907 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restuarant Sunday night with 16 year old

With a 16 year old, my first two choices would be Flatbread and Dimillos.... the former for the fun atmosphere,.. the latter for the experience of dining on a boat actually floating on the harbor... Have taken teenaged nieces and nephews to both....and they enjoyed both (or at least they said they did)...

5. Re: restuarant Sunday night with 16 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, December 14, 2013