We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maine Accomodations

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmond Oklahoma
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maine Accomodations

accomodations

sharvey52472

Edmond Oklahoma

Forum posts: 1

(8056341)

More about sharvey52472...

Posted on: 7:02 pm, today Save

Greetings from the Deep South!

My wife and I are planning on visiting Maine in early October this year. I have been looking online and there are some interesting places,but ther seems like a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it in.

We are planning on staying 2 to 3 days only then drifting south to Boston then possibly Conneticut then Vermont.

The closest I have ever been to Maine is Memphis Tennesse.

So, needless to say I am a bit overwhelmed.

Acadia and the Bar Harbor seems like the best choice at the moment,mainly because it isn't too far from the major Interstate,and the scenery is like nothing here in Oklahoma.

When we travel we generally dont let $$ affect our decisions too much,but like most we do have a limit (on the high side though).

My wife suddenly is into Biking, Hiking, different cuisine,and without question the scenery and accomodations.

We are definately odd balls when it comes to traveling. We do not have any children and we are both early 30's. So most of our traveling is done after Summer vacation.This is probably our last year without kidos so definately we are going to try to make this the "getaway of a lifetime".

Maine just seemed like a great place to start because from Oklahoma,you just cant get any further away without a passport

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maine Accomodations

I never really think about Oklahoma as being in the south, sort of think of it as the midwest.

Anyway, Bar Harbor and Acadia are nice and you are right that it's not like Oklahoma. There are plenty of accomodation choices. Portland is a nice city, a lot of good restaurants and bars. The Art Museum is good.

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
891 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maine Accomodations

If you want biking and hiking and scenery then you can't beat Acadia National Park. It is definately worth a visit; you'll get there and not want to leave. October is a wonderful time to visit; it's beautiful, you don't have the crowds and the hotel rates become sane. If you want a getaway of a lifetime I would look into the Bar Harbor Inn right in downtown Bar Harbor. Beautiful place right on the harbor. Rooms are amazing; we've stayed in the main building with views of the harbor, king bed, jaccuzzi tub, fireplace...loved it!

3. Re: Maine Accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 05, 2009