We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel?

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel?

planning a trip in the summer.

i'd prefer a hotel that provides me within walking distance of everything and gives me a better feel of the city.

So far the best hotels for my buck are the Eastland Park and the Holiday Inn by the Bay... which is better? any pros or cons to these hotels?

Maine
Level Contributor
829 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel?

Have you read the reviews on this site? (Click on Portland Hotels to left or above.) They've been consistently good for the Holiday Inn(for what it is; a 2 - to 3-star place.) Foxywood3 just had a good stay at the Eastland, but most folks have been unhappy with it. Both properties are a little dated, but the Eastland much more so. The Holiday Inn is closer to the Old Port and waterfront, where you'll spend a lot of time. If you're comfortable with what some of the folk say regarding the Eastland, and you're getting a great deal, it can be a charming place. Seems some folk don't have the best of luck there, however.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel?

I stayed at the Eastland about 5 or 6 years ago. It is old and in transition, but we had a very satisfactory experience there. As Maine-ah said, if you read the reviews and are not put off, you will probably do fine. If you are a fussy or demanding customer and have to have things just so, stay somewhere else.

3. Re: which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Portland