We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for old orchard beach oldtimers

Which Old Orchard Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
22 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Question for old orchard beach oldtimers

When I was a kid I use to stay at cottages which I think we're called Vacationland cottages. They were Accross the street from the old funtown haunted house. Can anyone tell me what happened to them? I noticed several years back there was an RV place in that location. Also what ever happened to the Haunted House? Thanks

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for old orchard beach oldtimers

I can't answer about the cottages, but the haunted house was deemed unsafe by local inspectors and burned as a fire department exercise. Too bad - I liked that haunted house! Another Funtown note - to expand their water park they had to move a cemetery as well as remove their mini golf.

2. Re: Question for old orchard beach oldtimers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach