We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Orchard Beach

Which Old Orchard Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NS
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Old Orchard Beach

Taking a trip to Old Orchard Beach on September 5th for 3-4 days. We would like to have oceanfront property. We would also like cleaniness & affordability. Any suggestions from experience? Very much appreciated.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
114 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Orchard Beach

I like Richard's by the Sea on Kinney Ave. It is not beach front, but it's a mere 2 buildings away. There are hotels right on the beach, but I have not stayed at them.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Orchard Beach

We stay at the Kebek 3 and love it.

http://www.kebek3motel.com/index.htm

Maine
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Orchard Beach

We've stayed at the Edgewater and found the rooms to be clean and nicely decorated and the staff very accommodating. The rooms we've stayed in had a kitchenette which was nice.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Orchard Beach

We have been staying at the Ocean Walk Hotel for 12 years. It is right on the beach. This is a quiet side of OOB and we love it. The beach is gorgeous and very long.

Barre, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
144 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Orchard Beach

We stayed at The Beach House... right on the beach... very clean... quiet... and walking distance to the pier. It was perfect.

http://www.oobbeachhouse.com/

new jersey
Level Contributor
929 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Orchard Beach

The above suggestions are all good ones.

I think you'll find many decent places to stay, they may not be brand spanking new hotels, but you can see the pride in many of the owners as they keep their places clean and repaired.

Edited: 1:58 pm, August 03, 2010
Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Orchard Beach

I'll add Patra's on East Grand Avenue towards Scarborough. East of Moby Dick even. From the units, you only need to cross a lane of sorts to access the beach. There are grassy dunes around there so stay on the walkway, else risk a fine damaging the dunes.

Good quiet stretch of beach, away from the town noise.

Patra's also has a little BBQ courtyard area behind the units which I'm sure guests can use. Ask for a unit away from the Avenue, quieter.

Patra and Paul who own the property are very nice people as well.

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Orchard Beach

The Crest is also very clean. However, you have probably already booked!

as dwrrn stated - these arent brand new hilton resorts, but the pride in ownership is evident on many of these hotels!

Have fun!

9. Re: Old Orchard Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 28, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach