We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Orchard Beach Newby

Ontario
3 posts
Save Topic
Old Orchard Beach Newby

Hi Everyone,

First time on this board and very ignorant about the OOB area. I'd like to plan a family trip there in mid-late Aug. Would appreciate help on any help on the below questions. Thanks in advance.

-What is weather like in Aug.?

-What is there to do besides the beach. Any children's activities, I think I read somewhere that there is some sort of play/fairgrounds for kids.

-What is a nicer accomodation close to 5 star status there? I really need CLEAN and newer. It can either be vacation home or hotel.

-Are the vacation homes on the beach nice? I've been to New Port Beach CA. last year, its is supposed to be a more affluent area but found lots of loud music, lots of younger people in groups piling into one vacation home, I'm sure lots of drinking and the beach houses were not that nice at all. I'm looking for more of a relaxing, low key beach for kids or older people.

-Are there any shopping ie. Nieman, Macy's, shopping malls/outlet in nearby area.

Thanks again

1. Re: Old Orchard Beach Newby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach