We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Sea Cliff Motel at 2 Sea Cliff Avenue in July

Ontario Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Sea Cliff Motel at 2 Sea Cliff Avenue in July

We are staying at the above mentionned hotel. Reviews weren't that good when we booked. Any new reviews from 2008? Is the beach there nice?

west
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Sea Cliff Motel at 2 Sea Cliff Avenue in July

That end of the beach is very nice. Turn left and head for the pier/all the action. Turn right and head down to a quieter end of the beach. "Efficiency" rooms are all near the parking lot and have absolutely no views of the ocean or beach. But it is a short walk away.

I like the motel but it is old, a bit run down and musty. Nice and clean when we were there last year, tiny bedroom attached to living room/kitchenette area and tiny bathroom. You are really just paying the top dollar to be near the nice quiet end of the beach, and so close to the beach. The rooms itself might be disappointing but are definitely livable.

boston, mass
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Sea Cliff Motel at 2 Sea Cliff Avenue in July

true it is old and musty and dated, but the part of the beach you will be staying in is so much quieter and nicer than the actual "old orchard beach" side. there is an even nicer place called The Billowhouse which is right smack int he middle of Ocean park and their hotel is right on the beach. You will not be sorry if you stay here. absolutely wonderful!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
BillowHouse
BillowHouse
92 Reviews
Ocean Park, ME
North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
263 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Sea Cliff Motel at 2 Sea Cliff Avenue in July

I just stayed at the Sea Cliff Motel back to back weekends (6/6-6/8 and 6/13-6/15). I have stayed at this motel for over 20 years now. The pool is maintained beautifully as is the hot tub. The location to the beach is awesome. Even though you don't have a view of the ocean from the kitchenettes-it is literally a two minute walk until your feet are on the sand :) The rooms may be in a need of a little updating, but they're always clean. Housekeeping is always very accomodating with extra towels/pillows if you ask. Have a good time! Go with an open mind- if you're down to Earth you will be just fine. If you expect "Marriott" quality you will be disappointed, but honestly I have not seen a chain hotel in the OOB area that is right on the beach. I'm sure you'll have a great time! Enjoy :)

4. Re: Staying at Sea Cliff Motel at 2 Sea Cliff Avenue in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach