We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Waves Resort, Old Orchard Beach

Whitesboro, NY
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Waves Resort, Old Orchard Beach

Hi, we have a 1-week stay planned and were looking at the Waves, has anyone stayed there recently, and is Building D by the pool a good location?? any other hotel recommendations??

boston, mass
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Waves Resort, Old Orchard Beach

MAKE SURE you find out what the room looks like. my daughter styayed there and was UNPLEASANTLY surprised. They have a building across the street from the beach also so if you want oceanfront that is not it....

California
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Waves Resort, Old Orchard Beach

It's a dumpy old place, pretty well managed. Lots of rooms in Old Orchard are on the dumpy side...after all they only have July and August to make all their profit for the season.

We like Sea Cliff House pretty well, how many people do you need to accomodate?

Mentioned in this post
Sea Cliff House Motel
Sea Cliff House Motel
199 Reviews
Old Orchard Beach, ME
Maryland
Level Contributor
166 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Waves Resort, Old Orchard Beach

I have to wonder sometimes. All you have to do is enter the name of the hotel/motel whatever at the Go window and you can read all the reviews of whatever place you want to stay. I never read the reviews past 2007 because things are so fluid in the hotel business. However, if there are consistant negatives reviews then that should tell you something about the place. Good luck.

4. Re: The Waves Resort, Old Orchard Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach