We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pine point

montreal
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
pine point

Has anyone stayed at the Sun n' Sand motel in Pine Point?

A friend is renting a house right in front of it, and my daughter would like to be able to walk to their house for breakfast in the morning.

The location is amazingly convenient, but I'm afraid it might be a bit old/noisy... They're converting the whole motel into condos starting next summer, so I guess there has been a little underinvesting in recent years.

So any review would be welcome.

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pine point

I don't know the place, but she can probably walk to breakfast from almost any accomodation on Pine Point as the area is pretty dern small and walkable.

Maryland
Level Contributor
166 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pine point

I stayed at that motel for a number of years before we had children. The rooms are tiny! We stayed in the guest house, 1st floor one year and it was fine. We wanted to rent the house but the owner said a family rented for a month every year.

We saw the inside of the house before it was renovated but haven't seen it since then. It is a great location for Pine Point! Walking to the beach or anywhere in Pine Point is a breeze. Skeeters are bad in the early evening.

The owners are from Mass. and while friendly you have a gut feeling they could care less.

To be fair, I don't know if they are still there. I know the place was for sale so maybe there are new owners. If they are becoming condo's then you can sure bet the quality has slipped.

I don't know if I've been helpful but it is a good location.

3. Re: pine point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach