We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby ponds/lakes with fall foliage?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Nearby ponds/lakes with fall foliage?

Since everyone was so helpful in providing cemetery suggestions, I thought I'd throw this question out there.

My wife and I will be visiting there Oct. 10th-15th (not soon enough!) and I was wondering if there are any nice lakes/ponds/streams with fall foliage that are nearby for photos? And I know this is kind of a general question, but nearby means within an hour or so from Ogunquit? If I have to wake up early in the morning for still shots on the water then of course closer is nicer, but also willing to travel. Are there any 'go to' spots or places off the beaten paths that you like and are willing to share?

If I get some decent shots I'll definitely post them when I get back.

Thank you!

Dave

Maine
Level Contributor
155 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Nearby ponds/lakes with fall foliage?

Google Webhannet Falls in Wells Maine. That's the only falls that I'm aware of in the area.

Boston...
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Nearby ponds/lakes with fall foliage?

You know, that reminds me. There is a very very nice trail not too far away in South Berwick which ends at a falls. It is called Orris Falls Conservation Area. If you're a cautious hiker like I am, you can't really see too much of the falls but the trail is just marvelous.

Directions: From Ogunquit, take Berwick Rd. as it becomes Ogunquit Rd. and then Boyd’s Corner Rd., a total of 6.8 miles, then go left on Thurrell Rd. for 0 .9 miles to trailhead on left.

There is a little parking area at the trail start for 1 or 2 cars.

Edited: 8:39 pm, October 09, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Nearby ponds/lakes with fall foliage?

You guys are great, thanks! We actually hike quite a bit so this is right up our alley, thank you!

14. Re: Nearby ponds/lakes with fall foliage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit