We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will we be freezing?

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Will we be freezing?

We are due to arrive in Ogunquit on the 17 th of this month.. Do you think we will freeze in shorts or will it still be jeans only weather?.. Sure am looking forward to the trip!

The Great State of...
Level Contributor
404 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will we be freezing?

You'd be smart to pack some long pants and a lightweight fleece jacket or windbreaker for after the sun sets. Or if you plan to go on any boat rides.

If you go to www.wunderground.com/tripplanner/index.asp and fill in Ogunquit and the days of your trip, you can see what the weather typically is during the period of time and pack accordingly. I'm flying to Atlanta tomorrow, and I'm having to realize that not everyone is enjoying the cool weather that we love up here. :)

Edited: 9:20 pm, June 05, 2012
Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will we be freezing?

LovingMaine.....Although it will seem hot to you, luckily, this week we are enjoying untypically comfortable weather for June.. Enjoy your trip!

The Great State of...
Level Contributor
404 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will we be freezing?

Thanks. Coming down to get me some Jimmy Buffett. Would love some Silver Queen corn if it's not too early.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,416 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will we be freezing?

" Will we be freezing '

Who can say, our weather has been running the gamut, I have already been on Ogunquit beach 4 times this year, today its cool and raining off and on. This weekend coming suppose to be nice and into the 70's.

Bring shorts and jeans, also even in the summer time nights can be a bit cool and a light jacket should always be close.

We will be in Manhattan this weekend, weather looks good and we will be in Ogunquit also the weekend of the 17th so Im hoping for good weather.

Always good to have a light jacket and an umbrella with you just in case.

Either way you will have a great time.

NYC area
Level Contributor
426 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will we be freezing?

We have been going to Maine, near the Ogunquit area, since childhood. Even if we go in the middle of summer, we bring layers. It could be very hot or it could be freezing cold. We would go in July and August when our children were young and I always packed blanket sleepers for them. There were many times we were glad we had them. I would suggest packing layers so you will be prepared for any weather,

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will we be freezing?

Thanks to every one for the advice!

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
660 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will we be freezing?

I just returned from O and literally overpacked long pants, sweatshirts etc...fortunately it was t-shirt and shorts the entire time....but agree bring long pants and a sweater just in case.

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
764 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will we be freezing?

In the 50s this morning in mid-coast.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,416 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will we be freezing?

" In the 50s this morning in mid-coast. "

Weather is crappy here in Boston also, should be nice this weekend.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will we be freezing?

Gorgeous day today!

It is always cooler on the coast. I always dress in layers when walking the beach or Marginal Way. Shorts or capris, tee shirts or hiking shirts that are breathable works best for me and a sweat shirt/lightweight polartec for the early mornings and late evening. Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit