We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ogunquit/Wells in April

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
351 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ogunquit/Wells in April

We are traveling to this area April 9 for a few days, staying at Hampton. I know that week is still off-season, but being that it is also "spring break" week, do businesses that are normally closed tend to open that week? Also, any comments about what shouldn't be missed or where to eat great seafood are welcome. Is April too early for whale-watching? Thanks for all your help.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
848 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ogunquit/Wells in April

There will definitely be some restaurants open. The Marginal Way for a nice ocean walk along the rocks and beautiful vistas is great in April. Parking in Ogunquit will be easier than during full season. I love Jonathan's, the Lobster Shack ( a bit rustic) in Perkins Cove in Ogunquit, maybe even Barnicle Billy's in Perkins Cove could be open( a real favorite), Roberto's - nice seafood scampi, and so many more. also almost to Kennebunk north up on Rt. 1, I would recommend the Maine Diner for real home cooking,

Edited: 10:49 pm, March 07, 2012
Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ogunquit/Wells in April

The below restaurants are all in Perkins Cove, some are more expensive then others but all should fulfill your need for Lobster. I have eaten in them all. MC can be on the pricey side but it’s the class act of the bunch.

Barnacle Billy's opens on April 6th for the 2012 season, you can dine while overlooking the cove and the fleet of Lobster boats.

MC also in Perkins Cove is open year round; dine while you take in the ocean views from this beautiful restaurant.

Lobster Shack might not be open until Mid April.

Jackie’s Too should also be open, great views of the ocean also.

Picture of Barnacle Billys

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00907.jpg

Picture of MC

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00740.jpg

Picture of Jackie’s Too

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00916.jpg

Picture of Perkins Cove

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00914.jpg

Picture of Lobster Shack

…photobucket.com/albums/…CopyofDSC00746.jpg

One of my favorite Places is the Fisherman's Catch in Wells, Maine, only about 15min from Oqunquit, some of the best seafood in the area at great prices.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ogunquit/Wells in April

Thanks for all the info..I can't wait. 1 more month!!

4. Re: Ogunquit/Wells in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:42 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit