We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
First time

I am trying to plan my first visit to Maine this summer. Trying to decide on a town first. York, ogunquit, Old orchard beach are the ones That seem to be mentioned most for a family trip. We are a family of four with kids 8 and 5. Looking to stay on or very close to beach with a pool. Nice town and the standard games and rides for kids. We can drive to other towns to see it all but what are your opinions?

new englander
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: First time

A very popular place is the Wells Steak House. There is everything on the menu. In August its a 90 minute wait after 6. No reservations. It opens at 4:30 and you will still have a wait. Go early with the little ones if you try it. There is a large waiting area on the first floor. Go directly upstairs to put your name in and sit back and relax. They are closed on Mondays. The Scoop Deck Ice Cream is a must. There many restaurant and many are people's favorites. I have never met anyone who didn't like these two places. You will find these places heading north on Rt 1. The hotel usually has a binder in the lobby with the menus of restaurants in the area. Mostly the very expensive restaurants require reservations. You can ask at the front desk and I'm sure they will let you know.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
57 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time

Anchorage by the Sea is right on the Marginal Way and steps to town, you can't go wrong with your kids. Reserve early, you won't regret Ogunquit....Gorges Grant is a bit off the beaten path....

Edited: 12:20 pm, February 14, 2012
Wigan, England
Level Contributor
228 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First time

Just to say we visited Ogunquit last August and had a superb time there. We stayed for 4 nights at the Juniper Hill between stays in New York and Boston, and couldn't fault the hotel or the town. You'll have a great time.

14. Re: First time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, May 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit