We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aspinquid

new jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Aspinquid

Has anyone stayed here? How are the rooms? Is any building or room type better than another? We usually stay at the Anchorage but cannot get a room. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
The Anchorage By the Sea
The Anchorage By the Sea
1,079 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
New York, NY
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aspinquid

I like the Aspinquid; it's casual and low-key and very beachy and shingled-looking. Most rooms comes with a little terrace but the view is not nearly as nice as the Anchorage's. The Aspinquid is near the estuary but about 2 blocks from the actual ocean. Some rooms face the busy street. Apart from that, it's in a very convenient location, near to beach and town.

The rooms are clean and pretty basic and most have kitchenettes. I don't care for the threatening hand-written signs that tell you to clean your own dishes ... or else.

As a woman who fusses with hair and makeup, I appreciate the bathrooms here; there are large mirrors configured in such a way that you can stand near.

The flower beds are well kept. There is a "back building" which is not desirable in my opinion.

We've stayed at The Aspinquid on three difference occasions and would again, though our first choice remains the Gorges Grant -- no view but a lovely, classy hotel with a pleasant breakfast restaurant and nice pools. We haven't tried Pink Blossoms or the Grand Hotel, on Shore Road, but from outside they look quite nice. Prior to 2000, we enjoyed stays at Sea Castles, the "blue hotel," but some recent reviews here are scathing. In a pinch you might try it but ask for a small suite not in the main building, not near the pool.

Mentioned in this post
Aspinquid at Norseman Resort
Aspinquid at Norseman...
326 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Gorges Grant Hotel
Gorges Grant Hotel
611 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
498 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
409 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aspinquid

We're just back from spending a week at the Aspinquid and I wouldn't stay there again. On the positive side, the rooms are kept very, very clean and the location is very close to the beach. On the negative side, the rooms are not soundproof. You can hear people walking and talking in the corridors and we could also hear the people doing dishes and opening and closing their patio doors as loud as if they were in the same room as us. The street noise is loud, even with the doors and windows shut and the noise of cars and people passing outside the hotel kept us awake until late and awoke us early in the morning. Also, there are no black out shades and the security lighting outside the hotel kept the room very brightly lit at night. Although clean, the rooms haven't been renovated in many years (plastic mushroom lights in the dining area).

Mentioned in this post
Aspinquid at Norseman Resort
Aspinquid at Norseman...
326 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
57 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aspinquid

I stayed there in 2004 and was very happy with the accomdations. You can't beat the private balconies, the beachy architecture or the short walk to the beach. The gardens were also very beautiful.

The rooms inside were of a good size, very clean. Not overly fancy but it certainly met all my expectation.

Have a great vacation!

Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit