We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on the beach

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel on the beach

We walked the Marginal Way last fall and there was a hotel on beach-literally-near or at the end of the walk. Can anyone please tell me which hotel this is? I wrote down the names of a lot of hotels but I don't think I got that one.

Thanks!

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on the beach

There's only one hotel right on the beach- The Norseman.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on the beach

Hi pinkedgehog,

There are several motels/hotels/inns on the water in Ogunquit but as a previous poster mentioned only right on the beach and that's the Norseman.

However, as I mentioned there are several places very close to the beach where you'd be able to hear the waves crash and/or view them from the hotel, inn, etc. though they aren't technically ON the beach.

Some of those are the Anchorage which is located at the end or beginning of the Marginal Way depending on where you are. There's also the Sparhawk and the Beachmere Inn's right on the Marginal Way with both offering stunning views of the ocean and short walks to the beach (Beachmere has easy access to a mini-beach which is separate from the main beach but just as lovely)as well as downtown. All 3 are nice and you couldn't go wrong staying at any of them if the beach is priority.

There's also the Rockmere B&B which has views out to sea and is on or near the Marginal Way.

Hope I've helped stir some memories :).

cozyharbor

New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on the beach

Thank you both so much! And I appreciate the suggestions as well. We do like to stay as close to the beach as possible and sometimes it's hard to tell what is nice and what isn't. Thanks again!

NYC
Level Contributor
62 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on the beach

Great information on places by the beach!

Can anyone recommend the better beaches for swimming? Based on the above recommendations, which hotels are located on beaches more suitable for swimming? Thanks in advance.

5. Re: Hotel on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit