We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Foliage?

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
147 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Fall Foliage?

How is the foliage right now? A friend and I are going to be in the area Sun-Mon this weekend and were hoping that the leaves were close to peak.

NH
Level Contributor
278 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall Foliage?

It's still very nice

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall Foliage?

The colors in southern Maine are beautiful right now. The leaves are starting to drop, but you should be OK.

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall Foliage?

I think your timing is great, northern parts are past peak, middle at peak, and southern almost peak so this weekend should be about the best for southern Maine. They are calling for some wind/ rain Friday night so hopefully it will not be too bad and knock all the leaves off.

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fall Foliage?

They have the fall festival this weekend so check out the scarecrows.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fall Foliage?

There are a lot of leaves down in my yard this a.m. due to last night's storm, but there are still a lot of "survivors" ! Have fun :-)

San Angelo, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fall Foliage?

In general, what is the best time of the fall to see the leaves at peak? I know every year is different, but next year, we were supposed to be in Grand Lake October 5-11 and may have to change it - either moving it up earlier or going a little later. My husband is wanting to fish the stream so that is maybe more of a consideration than the leaves. From what his guide tells him, the salmon are spawning late September and early October and he will not want to miss that.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fall Foliage?

So much depends on where, exactly, you are. Also, in my view, there is not one peak, but several. Here on Mount Desert Island (Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, etc.) the red maples are pretty much past it, but the trees with russet, orange, and yellow color seem to have hit their peak in the past three or four days. Inland just a few miles, things pretty much look to be past their peak. October 5-11 ought to be pretty good, especially further inland, away from the ocean's influence.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Desert Island
Mount Desert Island
2,419 Reviews
Mount Desert Island, ME
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park
Mount Desert Island, ME
8. Re: Fall Foliage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, September 12, 2009