We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a m/hotel with a good room for disabled elderly

Boston...
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Topic
looking for a m/hotel with a good room for disabled elderly

My parents came to visit and stayed in the rooms designated for the handicap/disabled at Gorge's Grant.. Several problems such as : the bathtub wall is very high, there is only 1 arm chair in the room (2 beds but not good to sit on for lengths of time), it is less than ideal to be let off from a car and then have to get into the room (long way to travel, no good parking spot to drop off).

So, I am asking for help - where is a better spot to put them up in Ogunquit? They are OK with paying extra.

Mentioned in this post
Boston...
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a m/hotel with a good room for disabled elderly

Just wanted to say that it is a nice hotel, might even be the best option in town for this need, just exploring other possibilities in case they are out there.

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a m/hotel with a good room for disabled elderly

Hi Ogtgrrl. The first floor rooms at the Juniper Hill are very nice. They have easy access from the parking lot. I dont remember the number of arm chairs in the room but I believe there are 2. Check out those rooms, I think they may work for you.

Mentioned in this post
Juniper Hill Inn
Juniper Hill Inn
525 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
237 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a m/hotel with a good room for disabled elderly

I stayed at Juniper Hill and although I didn't need a handicap room, I found the staff to be extremely helpful. I'm sure they would help you to make the room as comfortable as possible for your parents. And Atty Steve is correct about easy room access.

Mentioned in this post
Juniper Hill Inn
Juniper Hill Inn
525 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Boston...
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a m/hotel with a good room for disabled elderly

OK, thanks for the info, I still have to swing by there and ask to see the room - bathtub wall height is key. Since Juniper Hill is same ownership as Gorge's, I am guessing it will be the same but keeping my fingers crossed.

Mentioned in this post
Juniper Hill Inn
Juniper Hill Inn
525 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
5. Re: looking for a m/hotel with a good room for disabled elderly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit