We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finest kind cruises

Saint Charles...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
finest kind cruises

hello

we have done the whale watching cruises up in Bar Harbor. This trip we are staying at the Meadowmer Resort. Finest Cruises were listed in the brochure we were sent. Do I need to get dramamine for the family? MY husband and daughter were both sea sick :( and yes they did have meds before hand.

How has the towns faired from the nasty Noreaster earlier this year. We can not wait for July...

Thanks

Trish

Exton, PA
Level Contributor
50 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finest kind cruises

The town is getting back to normal from the storm in April. The Marginal Way suffered erosion but it is open from town to the cove. There will be some areas to be rebuilt but they have temporay bridges over the small washouts.

Perkins cove also will need work on the bulkhead and area adjacent to the bridge but doubtful they will rip it up during the summer!

The businesses are all open, it was amazing how quickly they were up and running, even after a 13' storm surge in the cove.

The Finestkind is a fun trip but if you are prone to seasickness I would look for a calm day...you know the ones where the ocean looks like a pond. And avoid the lobstering cruise! To pull the trap, they cut the engine and the boat rocks on the waves while they pull the trap. I did not like that part! I think they have trips with no lobstering demonstration. Also, we found sitting in the back of the boat is less movement than up front even though the view might be more spectacular up front.

You get great views of the coastline from the boat but honestly, if you are all prone to seasickness, you will not be missing anything by skipping the boat ride. We have only taken the trip three times in 20 years. I have to admit the most fun was the trip where the engine quit on the way into the harbor...my husband thought that was a hoot. It was a rare occurance and all was fine.

Have a wonderful time.

Saint Charles...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: finest kind cruises

Thank you :O)

Since my husband really wants to do the lobster trip it looks like he will be doing a solo trip.His doctor has assured him this "patch" will work wonders.. After the whale tour from you know where trip I am really leary about him going on the smaller boat.. but He's got to to learn the hard way.. I will certainly wait for the weather and see.

I'm glad to hear the Marginal way is still intact :) Being from the midwest we don't hear too much on the news unless I research the message boards and surf the net. Seems I am the only family member out of our group of ten that is wondering....

30 days and counting :)

Trish

3. Re: finest kind cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 16, 2009