We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amore breakfast/Prego

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
245 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Amore breakfast/Prego

I'm in Ogunquit now. I had the impression that Amore Breakfast had moved into Caffe Prego's space for breakfast

After talking with some locals it seems Amore is out of business for good

Has anyone been to Prego and is it ANYTHING like Amore?

Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amore breakfast/Prego

The owner of Amore had to go back to Florida for family health issues. She is not running the Prego breakfast anymore, It didn't last very long. As far as breakfast goes I have not over the summer ate at Prego since the newest and the number 1 breakfast place in Ogunquit is now the Greenery just a stones throw out of the village on the left hand side heading up to Wells or the Cove café heading into Perkins cove on your right, both places are usually packed but worth the wait.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
245 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amore breakfast/Prego

Thanks

Took your advice and had a great breakfast at the Greenery

Not world class like Amore was, but quite good

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amore breakfast/Prego

I never really considered it a world class breakfast spot, just a place that drew many a tourist since it was just about the only place for breakfast in that part of town aside from the Cove café in which one was lucky to get into during the mornings for breakfast without a long wait. Glad you had a good breakfast, Did you wait long for your food?

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
245 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amore breakfast/Prego

Maybe "world class" is a bit over the top, but what i remember most was the the funky atmosphere: posters and crazy clocks and wall decorations. Food was very good and plentiful.

No wait at all this morning- got there at around 9:30 and one table by the front door was available- grabbed it - place was hopping. Food arrived in about 10 - 15 minutes- not bad for all the cooking and running around by wait staff.

Arrived in Bar Harbor this afternoon and will be breakfasting at 2 Cats, Cafe This Way, Jordons, and Jeannies.

Getting back to world class, the breakfast buffet at Aria Las Vegas was AMAZING !

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amore breakfast/Prego

" Getting back to world class, the breakfast buffet at Aria Las Vegas was AMAZING ! "

And how do you know LV was a serious part of our lives years back, maybe because of the 20 thousands posts LOL

The Cosmo, Bacchanal and Wynn buffets are no slouches either LOL

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
245 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amore breakfast/Prego

Thought you were an Ogunquit "expert"

Didn't know your expertise regarding LV

Been ther maybe 3-4 times

My bad

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amore breakfast/Prego

Actually LV is my expertise more so then Ogunquit. Been to LV over 3 dozen times and Manhattan NY at least a dozen times. Stop in Portland Maine on your way back if you can and have lunch at DiMillo's On the Water.

http://www.dimillos.com/restaurant/

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
245 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amore breakfast/Prego

Looks very nice

Good place to stop for a break and a bite on the way to New London Ferry from Bar Harbor

Thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amore breakfast/Prego

https:/…DSC03357.jpg

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amore breakfast/Prego

My Wife and I went to Amore/Prego this past Summer .It was okay but we do agree it did not have much of Amore Breakfast there. In our trip a year ago back in Summer of 2016 we had gift card we used but we had some money left on it.The management people at Prego refused to honor the gift card.Not what we expected.It's time to find another place for Breakfast !!

Reply to: Amore breakfast/Prego
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit