We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October

Long Beach
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in October

We are staying at the Harbor Inn B & B the last week of September and want to know the weather at this time. Also, what to wear as we will start our trip in Boston and travel through New Hampshire to Maine. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Hampshire
United States
Maine
Maine
United States
Nonantum Resort
Nonantum Resort
#1 of 6 hotels in Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn
Kennebunkport Inn
#2 of 6 hotels in Kennebunkport
The Tides Beach Club
The Tides Beach Club
#3 of 6 hotels in Kennebunkport
Maitland, FL
Level Contributor
431 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October

September can go up and down drastically. I am there now and it is supposed to go up and down about 10 degrees each day the next few. It is gorgeous though right now. You need to keep checking the weather and plan for changes too. I walked the beach the other day with ear mufflers and heavy coat...yesterday no ear muffler and had to take off sweatshirt. You just don't know!

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,963 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October

I'd suggest you give yourself some options by dressing in layers....top, sweater, and jacket or windbreaker. In the past week, Maine has seen daytime high temps ranging from the mid-60's to the mid-70's, but overnight lows have been in the 40's and 50's with a frost warning in the northern part of the state. Kennebunkport is in southern Maine and on the coast, so their temperatures tend to be a bit more temperate, but on-shore breezes can keep things cool some days. The natives learn to start the day with layers so we can comfortably remove a layer or two if it warms up, or keep warm if it doesn't. Temps in Boston and up through New Hampshire will be slightly warmer (typically 8-12 degrees) than southern Maine.

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport
Kennebunks, ME
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Hampshire
United States
Long Beach
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October

Thanks for the quick reply! I just love TA and all the experts!

4. Re: Weather in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 18, 2010