We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenville Inn

Philadelphia
1 post
Save Topic
Greenville Inn

Menu looks very inviting, but the staff is not. Could not even get a "hello" from the waitress standing in the lobby. Growling dog to greet you...nice touch. Owner stood there while this threatening dog continued to meanly growl at us. My wife commented that she felt the dog might nip at her ankles. Owner let the dog continue to threaten my wife. HINT - remove dog from room when growling at guests. Detected more than a whiff of arrogance from the owners. The most important part of the hospitality industry is to be welcoming. I've dined in Michelen Guide '3 Star Rated' restaurants in Europe, top rated restaurants in NYC, Philadelphia, San Fran, Yountville, etc and have never seen such a sense of self-importance as the Greenville Inn. You folks need to relax and enjoy what you chose to do for a living. We ended up canceling our dinner reservations and dined at another highly rated Moosehead Lake area Inn. Later, we saw a Greenville Inn menu posted in a downtown shop window. The bottom of the menu read "It is customary to leave at least an 18% tip at a fine dining restaurant". How insulting! They assume their guest don't know how to tip. We're sooooo happy we decided to forego our dinner plans at the Greenville Inn.

stanbyme
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenville Inn

gee..I guess you didn't eat there. Maybe you were the problem. We have eaten and stayed at this inn for 6 years. The owners have never treated us that way-and their dog has never been allowed in the restaurant during dinner, were you there just to check out the place or did you really want to dine there? We've never had a problem, to the contrary we have had wonderful service and delicious food. I guess you are from "Philly" which may explain the attitude. As "foodies" we have also "dined" at internationally famed restaurants( NYC,Philly, Napa, Long Beach,Florida,Washington, DC,) but we do not throw that around. We also notice some patrons who come into a restaurant with an attitude and make the experience uncomfortable for everyone around them. Thank you for not staying for dinner, since I may have been the unlucky one who had to sit near you. The owners of the inn are really nice people, which we have gotten to know over the years, so I question if you really went there at all and what is you real motive for writing such a review. I guess some people are just miserable wherever they go-even on vacation.

2. Re: Greenville Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, September 24, 2009