We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgetown Island

Simsbury, CT
3 posts
Save Topic
Georgetown Island

Hi. Would like any info re: Georgetown Island and where you may have stayed there. We want to spend most of our time at Popham Beach, and have stayed very close to it, but would consider staying in a new location if it wasn't too much of a drive. Anyone been to the Coveside B&B, or heard anything about it?

kennebunkport, maine
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgetown Island

we ate at gray haven, on the national list of historic places. it looked like a beautiful place to stay, on the water, beautiful wrap around porch with great view.travelbrowser

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Georgetown Island

I stayed at the Grey Havens two nights, loved it, went to sleep to the sounds of a lighthouse fog horn one night. :) Terrific breakfasts included in the price of the room.

BUT, if I was staying in Georgetown and wanted to go to a beach, I'd go to Reid State Park instead of Popham Beach.

If I was set on going to Popham Beach, I wouldn't stay in Geogetown. I'd stay somewhere in Bath or Phippsburg.

Waldoboro, Maine
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Georgetown Island

Georgetown is wonderful to visit. A jewel on the coast of Maine. Coveside is nice, not a lot of charactor. We stayed at Tide's and farm with the whole family and loved the secluded lovely location and great old home. We also did ride when we were there. Planning a trip now for the fall.

Get answers to your questions about Georgetown