We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlets in Freeport

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Outlets in Freeport

I know the regular LLBean is in Freeport, but what other outlets are there. Are they worth the trip?

Delhi, New York
Level Contributor
212 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Outlets in Freeport

That LL Bean store sounds like an absolutley cool place to see and visit. It seems odd in my eyes to be looking to take photos -- but have people taken photos inside the store? And if so are there photos anywhere (that people know of?) Or is this looked down upon? I might not be able to hold back if the store is as cool as I've been told!

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Outlets in Freeport

Softball 29 I have seen many people take pictures inside the store when I have been there. I do not know specifically where you might be able to see them. There will be no issue with taking pictures in the store. Yeah maybe some of the locals or people who are there all the time may look at you and know you are a "tourist" thats what being a tourist is all about. I know I have taken alot of pictures on vacation that others may think are strange. The store is nice inside with several stuffed animals and a fish pond.

Just FYI to anyone who is a LL Bean fan and doesn't know there will be a new LL Bean outlet store opening in Bangor shortly.

Also in reference to other posters about other outlets.we absolutely love the North Conway outlets not so much for the outlets themselves but the location. North Conway is a beautiful area to visit add the shopping to the scenery and its a great mix.

Delhi, New York
Level Contributor
212 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Outlets in Freeport

CountyMounty: Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I am going to Bar Harbor for a couple of days and coming through Freeport on my way home next week. LL Bean was one of the big places I wanted to go and with all the cool stuff I've heard about this store, I almost thought it would be a waste not to take photos. I might feel a little like a fool, but it's all good. :)

Freeport sounds like a great place to spend an afternoon, although it probably won't be a super long stay as I'll still have six-plus hours of driving ahead of me!

Delhi, New York
Level Contributor
212 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Outlets in Freeport

LL Bean was amazing! I could get lost in that place for hours (if I had that amount of time!)

atlanta
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Outlets in Freeport

I take an annual trip to Freeport in November from Atlanta, I miss the cold weather and hope for a few snowflakes!

The reason I go (alone!) every year is the customer service in each and every one of these stores. In particular LLBean, if they don't have it they will find it, order it or practically make it for you. The same for the outlet stores. I do most of my Christmas shopping the weekend I go, and get my lobster craving satisfied at the same time. This will be my six year. So while the outlets may be the same as the Premium Outlets north of Atlanta Delta is ready when I am!

Don't miss a breeze through the Mangy Moose for kitchy Maine items.

southeastern, pa
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Outlets in Freeport

The outlets in Freeport have really changed over the years (about 20+ in our case) but LL Bean store is an experience. Worth the stop. Check out how Mickey D's had to conform to the area down the road a bit.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Outlets in Freeport

Remember - there are no locks on the doors at LL Bean - they are open 24/7. It's not quite as much fun as it used to be before it expanded,(you don't see any old guys sitting around playing cribbage) but there's plenty to see and choose from. I took a group of theater interns there several years ago, and we took pictures all through the store - even in the tents. If you're doing the outlet "circuit," there's also an LL Bean outlet in North Conway.

Marshfield...
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Outlets in Freeport

One thing to know is that LLBean during the day is packed with people. After 7pm it begins to quiet down nicely as the daytrippers head home. I always hit up the other stores in the area during the day and then go to LLBean after 8pm at night. This is especially good if you need assistance with any items. They still have plenty of staff on hand to help you and you don't have to compete with others for their attention. The fitting rooms aren't busy either.

19. Re: Outlets in Freeport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 11, 2009