We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendation

Center Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendation

Would like to invite friends who live in East Waterboro out to dinner, but aren't familiar enough with the area to know any restaurants. Would welcome any and all suggestions. If it would help, this couple is sophisticated and well travelled.....

10 replies to this topic
Maine
Level Contributor
821 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

Nothing around Waterboro that I know of. Maybe something in Sanford so trying posting in that forum. There's a nice place in Cape Porpoise, about 45 minutes away I would guess.

www.pier77restaurant.com/‎

Also a new David's in Kennebunkport

http://boathouseme.com/davids/

Maine
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

According to my mother, The Oak Street Bistro in Alfred is very nice. I haven't been there but she loves it and keeps pestering me to go there. LOL.

Maine
Level Contributor
821 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

We stopped for lunch at Oak St. on our way back from VT the other day. It was really very good. I had excellent fish tacos and my husband enjoyed an interesting grilled chicken salad sandwich. There was a whole lobster menu that we only glanced at as we weren't interested but the selection of entrees looked nice. I would definitely go there for dinner if I was in the area!

Center Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

Thank you for sharing! We'll be there tonight.....

Center Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

Center Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

Very helpful! We'll be there with our friends tonight.

Center Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

Going there for dinner tonight--thanks!

Center Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

Thank you; I'll save your reply for another day trip. We're meeting our friends at the Oak Street Bistro in Alfred tonight for dinner.

Maine
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

Report back and let us know what you think!

Center Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

Food is fantastic at the Oak Street Bistro--and there is plenty of it--but the service is appalling! We arrived at 6 p.m. and were seated immediately, but it took 45 minutes after the drinks were served for our waitress to reappear (and she had another waitress as a helper); the wait for the main course was another 45 minutes, and at 9:30 p.m. I had to take the bill up to the bar to pay.....Will return again--the food is that good--but next time will go earlier and on a weekday. We are not fussy nor picky, however I don't want to mislead all of you who were so helpful in answering my original query!

Reply to: Restaurant Recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about East Waterboro