We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where are the best fireworks on 4th of July?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
28 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Where are the best fireworks on 4th of July?

Where in the midcoast region are the best fireworks on July 4th?

2 replies to this topic
Maine
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where are the best fireworks on 4th of July?

Hi - I see you originally posted your request in the Damariscotta forum. For a small village, Damariscotta has an amazing firework display. We watch it from our balcony (in neighboring Newcastle) every year .... and every year we're not disappointed by the length, volume and intensity of the display. If you stay in the area, you're also close to the (in)famous Round Pond 4th of July parade. I run a B&B so I have yet to see it, but I know it is one most talked about events in the area.

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
802 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where are the best fireworks on 4th of July?

Damariscotta has some GREAT fireworks for a small local community. A real fun event with lots of local color. I believe there are some smaller displays further down the peninsula also.

And, as the earlier poster mentioned, you have GOT to attend the parade in Round Pond. Definitely not your typical patriotic parade. Here's an article from the NY Times from a few years ago. www.nytimes.com/2007/07/05/us/05parade.html

Reply to: Where are the best fireworks on 4th of July?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Damariscotta
More Damariscotta Topics