We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camden or Belfast Hotel help needed

Cumberland, RI
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Camden or Belfast Hotel help needed

My husband and I are planning a trip to this area for the 4th of July

weekend. We are considering staying at the Camden Cedar

Crest hotel or the Belfast Harbor Inn. Since we have never been

to this area, we don't know which one is best.

We would also like ideas where to dine or what not to miss in

this area.

Thanks

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camden or Belfast Hotel help needed

I say the Cedar Crest definitely because it's in Camden and I think you'd love Camden a whole lot more than Belfast. Not to slam Belfast as it's a cute town, but there is so much more to do in Camden. Camden is definitely "the" drawing card in that area.

Besides, the Cedar Crest is in walking distance of downtown Camden if you are a hearty walker. If not, it's at least in walking distance of pretty houses and churches so you can take after dinner strolls. The Belfast Harbor Inn is not in walking distance of downtown Belfast or anything else, unless you like to walk on the shoulder of a busy highway.

If you can pick up from this photo on the BHI website, see www.belfastharborinn.com/activities.html the inn is actually across the Route 1 bridge from Belfast. In the bottom of the photo is the inn out on Route 1, and in the top of the pictures (across the Bay) is the downtown.

Southern New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camden or Belfast Hotel help needed

Can't comment on your hotels of choice but town for town Camden wins out. It is the gem of Maine's Mid Coast. We've taken long weekends there the past couple of years and love the town. You will not regret choosing Camden!

3. Re: Camden or Belfast Hotel help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Camden