We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bet For One Day Tall Ship/Windjammer Sail

Which Camden hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Bet For One Day Tall Ship/Windjammer Sail

'm going to be in Maine on business in late June/early July and would love to sail on a tall ship, but have a lot of time to devote to this adventure.

It seems that this time of year, most ships are running longer trips, and even ships that sometimes run one or two day trips are not doing so.

Is anyone running a sail ranging from four hours to overnight this time of year? I could possibly come up a night early or stay my first night in the area before proceeding to Bangor.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,658 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Bet For One Day Tall Ship/Windjammer Sail

Last time I looked into this for a family member, I'm quite sure I was told that none of the windjammers offer single or part-day cruises regularly during the summer. There were, however, shorter (afternoon, sunset, etc) on smaller ships operating from the Camden Harbor waterfront. To be sure that I'm still right about the windjammers, you could check with the Rockland and Camden Chambers of Commerce (just Google them for e-mail or phone contact info).

MA
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Bet For One Day Tall Ship/Windjammer Sail

Great idea! Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,658 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Bet For One Day Tall Ship/Windjammer Sail

Would be interested in seeing what you find out.... If you do find a one-day or part-day windjammer cruise, please come back here and tell us about it.... would be great to know about for the next time someone asks...

Thanks --

4. Re: Best Bet For One Day Tall Ship/Windjammer Sail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 04, 2014