We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Little Dream or Hartstone Inn in Camden Maine?

arkansas
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A Little Dream or Hartstone Inn in Camden Maine?

My friend and I have narrowed down our B&B choices for 2 nights in Camden Maine to A Little Dream or the Hartstone Inn. Can any one aid in the decision making? I have read rave reviews about both and really want yummy breakfasts in the morning an much attention to the little details. We really need knowledgeable innkeepers as neither of us have visited before. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
232 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A Little Dream or Hartstone Inn in Camden Maine?

We stayed last September at the Hartstone and loved it. Yes, it's on a fairly busy street but the only time we noticed traffic noise was during the day and most of they time were out and about anyway. At night it was quiet and the church bells didn't bother us.

The rooms are quite nice and the public areas of the inn cozy.

The star attraction here though is the food. Michael Salmon, owner of the inn, is a Culinary Institute of America graduate and it shows. Breakfasts are creative and delicious but make sure you also make reservations for dinner. We dine out a lot in Atlanta and when we travel and were very impressed with the level of sophistication of the cuisine at Hartstone. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented.

I can't imagine anyone thinking that the inn's owners and staff are not friendly. We found them very friendly and helpful.

I'm not familiary with A Little Dream but can't imagine you would be disappointed with the Hartstone.

USA
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: A Little Dream or Hartstone Inn in Camden Maine?

I think both Inns are lovely. I did not think the things that someone wrote about WIndward House are true. I stayed there and it is one of the better Inns in Camden Maine. I think that review should be deleted. Camden Maine is full really great Inns. Have a great trip.

13. Re: A Little Dream or Hartstone Inn in Camden Maine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Camden