We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

Trying to figure out room types at EDM. Can someone tell me the difference between the Royal Swim-Up Suite versus the Swim-Up Jacuzzi?

Does it have to do with the location? Which one is better? Does the Royal have the outdoor shower and day bed also?

Another question...which location is best for a swim-out? Is it better to be at the end so you have more privacy...or is it better to be closer to the main pool area? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
The Royal Playa del Carmen
The Royal Playa del...
17,607 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

Any room name beginning with "Royal" is for their timeshare/vacation club members only.

We love the swim ups at this resort and find the ones in the middle to be best.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

Thanks caviargirl! I wish they explained that online a little better. I will stick with a jacuzzi suite. I like the infinity suites also. Have you stayed in them?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

Our preference are the swim ups and this is one of the very few resorts where I really like these types of rooms.

We stayed in the one bedroom infinity pool suite two years ago, which was fabulous, and the other 2 times in the one bedroom garden suites. All of these are in the newer section near Generations.

Our friends were in an infinity pool suite last year and it was very nice. I would not want to be on the fourth floor or even the third personally and some of them in the very back do not have the best views.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

Thanks for the help. I am going with the swim-out then. Those are heated also right?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

I believe the main pool is now heated and that is where the swim ups are. Maybe someone else can answer as we generally only go to MX late April to Oct. when the water is warm enough for us to swim in the ocean and the pools are normally comfortable.

I have pics of the swim ups if that would help. PM me if you want them.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

I will send you a message. That would be great! We would be going the first week of November, so I hope it would be warm enough.

America, The...
Level Contributor
8,400 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

Caylismom,

Did you settle on EDM? We loved their swim-outs too, and it is the only place I've ever been interested in one.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

Reviewer,

YES!!! We decided on EDM!!! YAY!! I'm not sure how many nights yet. If the other couple is joining us, then it will prob be a week. If not, then prob 5 nights! Haven't booked it yet...but I hope to do it right after the holidays! You should join us!!!!

texas
Level Contributor
855 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

we are headed to EDm for trip #10 in january!. The swim ups are part of the main pool which is heated. All have the outdoor shower, day beds and chairs in the pool. As for location it depends what you are wanting...privacy?...close to the action ?...view ??? Building 3 and 4 are closest to beach but less private..building 5 and 6 in the middle of the swim ups and very close to pool and pool bar...building 7 and 8 more private..I have 9 albums of EDM on my FB page. if you areinterested in seeing them send me a PM. You will LOVE EDM

America, The...
Level Contributor
8,400 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Confused on room types at El Dorado Maroma

Caylismom,

I'm so excited for you about your choice! I think you'll love it :-). Thanks for the invitation...you never know!

Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma