We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimout at SMB

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Kamloops
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Swimout at SMB

We will be there in a swimout room from October 19-26 and was wondering what the pool temperature in the swimout pools is like. I've ready that it gets cold in Nov-Dec. Any feedback from anyone that has travelled that time of year and stayed in a swimout. Thank you.

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimout at SMB

The swimout pools are heated...no problem.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimout at SMB

Hey, sent you a private-message!

Kamloops
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimout at SMB

So if the swimout pools are heated, why are some reviewers commenting on the cold pools? Do you have to request with the building concierge to have it heated?

indy
Level Contributor
238 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimout at SMB

We were there a couple of years ago at the end of October and the water in the swimout was much warmer than the main pool. Never asked if the swimout pool was heated, but it seemed to be.

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimout at SMB

The swimout pools can be heated, the two main pools are not. Just hang around the swimup bar....the water is warmer there.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimout at SMB

I think they can be heated but you have to request it with your concierge and some resorts will only heat it for so many hours a day so require you to pick times in order to save $$, not sure if SMB is this way or not.

nik

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimout at SMB

The above statement is not true....

The main swimout pool, the one with the pool bar, is heated, according to all the informations and reviews that I have ever read. Many say that it is quite warm. While the smaller adjacent of the main pools, the one that is kind of an infinity pool, is not heated.

I do not know specifics on the swim-out pools. But, do know that the are (or can be) heated. There are reports of having to mention this to staff. My guess is that, since heating is very expensive, they try to cut back, but will oblige if asked.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimout at SMB

While a here on this thread, I have another silly little question about the swim-outs.

In most every photo, the chaise lounger on the patios does not have a padded seat cover.

I am just noticing that in a very few photographs, I do see a nice padded cover.

Does anyone have any info or insight on this?

glasgow
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimout at SMB

They all have a padded cover

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply