We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topside Inn - Turning Around NOT ALLOWED!!!!

Which Boothbay Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alfred
1 post
Save Topic
Topside Inn - Turning Around NOT ALLOWED!!!!

Do not make a mistake and inadvertently turn around in the Topside Inn's driveway! You will get a nasty headshake and a very dirty look! Apparently the word "tolerance" is not in his dictionary. I would not give this place a second look, based on my experience with taking a wrong turn that day. Mr. Topside, just for your info, the sun was squarely in my eyes when I reached the top of the hill and I could not read your very informative sign quickly enough to see that you had BANNED cars from turning in your driveway! Don't worry! Your headshake and nasty look made it quite clear! If that's how you really treat people who make a simple mistake in an unfamiliar area, I would never cross the threshhold of your establishment!

Jensen Beach...
Level Contributor
123 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topside Inn - Turning Around NOT ALLOWED!!!!

Wondering how you knew it was the owner that gave you the "look". Also wondering why you turned around given you could have made a right at the end of the street. WONDERING??

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topside Inn - Turning Around NOT ALLOWED!!!!

Where is Alfred?

Maine
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Topside Inn - Turning Around NOT ALLOWED!!!!

Alfred is a town in Maine near Sanford, but don't know if that's the one the poster is from.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topside Inn - Turning Around NOT ALLOWED!!!!

Someone gave you a headshake and a dirty look? Wow, I think you are too easily offended.

And if you tried to turn around in my driveway I'd give you a wicked good shot of my watta hose.

5. Re: Topside Inn - Turning Around NOT ALLOWED!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor