We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A trip to remember!!

Boothbay, Maine
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A trip to remember!!

Hello Everybody!

I am a resident of Boothbay, Maine, but a new one who has transplanted here from the mid-west, so I have a unique perspective on this area! It is a lovely part of our country. You will feel like you have stepped back 100 years...well, almost! No fast food, no box stores....just a lovely, quaint coastal town with LOTS of things to DO and EAT! If you love seafood and lobster, you will love the restaurants in town. The views are to die for and the food is always FRESH! Go on a whale watch, sail in an authentic Friendship Sloop, or catch a sunrise on Ocean Point. You won't soon forget your visit to Boothbay Harbor!

To keep your trip fresh in your mind, go to http://www.acclaimstockphotography.com/ and search for 'Boothbay' (without the quotation marks) to find gorgeous photos of the area! Browse through them for typical scenes from the area! If you have questions about the area, write me! I love sharing info on my new hometown!

Enjoy,

Beth

missouri
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: A trip to remember!!

Hi Beth, I found your posting here and just thought I would say hi. My wife and I are planning a trip to Maine and Boothbay

is high on my list to stay. We also are from the midwest and would especially like to see some lighthouses. Are there any close by? How hard to get a car or bus tour around there.

Thanks

Tim

Oceanside, New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A trip to remember!!

Hi Midmo-

Native Mainer relocated to Long Island, NY. Been going to Boothbay since I was very young, continued it with my own son and assorted relatives. Now I'm taking fellow teachers who have never been to Maine. I've always stayed at the Fisherman's Wharf. It's built on a pier so you are in the harbor. The people are very friendly and the rooms have a balcony. Stay on the outer harbor side. This is right in the middle of town and has valet parking. The first time I took teachers there we must have made an impression on the young valet boys because when I went back 3 years later they recognized us right away and asked where we had been! The sunset cruise on the Appledore (they've recently changed sailboats) is an absolute must!!!! Bring a bottle of wine and some plastic wine glasses and enjoy!!!! The Daily Catch and Harborside are my personal favorite restaurants (I don't eat lobster, but can eat fried Maine shrimp 24-7, it's unlike any other shrimp!!) Cap'n Fish whale watch is another good thing, bring a jacket. There is a neat "marine aquarium" nearby. Kayaking in the bay is fun, hiking trails nearby, Freeort for LLBean, Monhegan Island is on my list for this year. Boothbay Harbor is my favorite place in Maine, very quiet and relaxing! Enjoy!

mass.
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: A trip to remember!!

Hi Beth,

Well, we are planning on coming up for memorial day , maybe staying at the Fiddlehead Inn, I believe. Any word on that? It looks nice from the pictures.

Do you know anything about any local theatre up there?

Thanks

gateshead england
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A trip to remember!!

Hi Beth

My husband & I just got back last weekend from a visit to the East Coast. We spent a couple of nights in Boston, and planned to travel up to Camden or Belfast for a night, By the time we got to Portland we were running short on time so started to scour the guide books for somewhere close by to stay. What can I say - how glad are we that we ran out of time! We drove into Boothbay Harbour and just knew it was the place for us. We stayed at the Tugboat Inn - lovely room with a balcony overlooking the bay - perfect for an evening glass of wine after dinner. One night became two, and if only the weather had co-operated we would have loved to stay longer. We had a fabulous time - walking around the town, eating in delicious restaurants, and enjoying the idyllic setting you as a resident are so fortunate to have every day! Boothbay Harbour is so precious - we'd love to come back some day and share your lovely town for longer.

Cheers

Lilian

a Scottish emigrant to Newcastle, England :)..........

UK
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A trip to remember!!

Beth - where's the best place to stay in Boothbay - 2 nights Mid September please?

Oceanside, New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A trip to remember!!

Hi spierian!

I'm Teacher2, Lisa. Please read my previous post. I'd stay at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn. It's right in the middle of town.

Enjoy!

Lisa

Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor