We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boothbay region and photography

Poconos
Level Contributor
202 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boothbay region and photography

A week away from our trip - can't wait! I am a serious amateur photographer and wanted some advice on great scenes to photograph. I obviously will grab all the family activities and bustling harbor scenes as we go about our days, but I also tend to be up hours before the rest of my family and would love to find serene sunrise (and sunset) natural landscapes to shoot.

In other words, no people :) ...not that I don't love my family, but that's the kind of photography I gravitate toward.

I'm not that interested in birds or other wildlife, just the water, the reflections, the coastline, the light and the sky. Sure, a lighthouse is nice, but I tend to screw them up. I guess I could work on it while I'm there.

Where should I go that's within a quick drive (or better yet, walk) of Harborfields, where we're staying?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Harborfields
Harborfields
13 Reviews
Boothbay Harbor, ME
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boothbay region and photography

Vicki would be a good person to pose this question to:

www.vickilundphotography.com

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boothbay region and photography

You will have an incredible view of the sunrise over the harbor right from the deck of your cottage! ;-)

A short walk out to the Aquarium on McKown Point will give you another good vantage point for some early morning photos.

Edited: 3:02 pm, July 09, 2012
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boothbay region and photography

Ocean Point is one well known spot with a really lovely view and an awesome sunset. There are also various boat tours of the area (such as Cap'n Fish's boat tours as well as others who have smaller boats that you might want to investigate). You could get beautiful shots, though you definitely wouldn't be alone in a serene environment. :-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
938 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boothbay region and photography

A suggestion about 45mts from Boothbay -

Pemaquid Point Lighthouse - quintessential Maine Lighthouse on a rocky Maine Coast. You can check couple of photos here visitmaine.com/lighthouse/…

A good place to get Sunrise/Sunset photos. I don't think you will have issues photographing it!

Mentioned in this post
Boothbay
Boothbay
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Poconos
Level Contributor
202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boothbay region and photography

Thanks for the suggestions!

6. Re: Boothbay region and photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, July 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor