We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife

Manchester, England
2 posts
Save Topic
nightlife

Iam planning to visit bbh soon and would like some feed back on the nightlife eg. restaurants, bars, pubs etc... and whats it like for meeting people as i intend to go alone to get away from the hustle and bustle. Any feed back would be great thanks

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife

Hi walktel,

You didn't mention when you're coming, but I'll assume its this summer and will go by that.

BBH is a small seasonal resort and fishing village and consequently doesn't have alot happening into the wee hours of the morning. But there's going on till say 9 or 10ish. Then it gets pretty quiet with the possible exception of a couple of places.

McSeagull's bar and restaurant which is located on the harbor and has great views and outdoor dining usually has live music starting around 8ish. The bands usually play rock and good stuff to dance to.

Pier One Pizza is a sportsbar/pub w/tv's in the same area though it is not on the water.

There's also Gray's. But I'm not sure what they offer as far as entertainment. They are right on the water and probably have some of the best views.

The Rocktide is on the east side of the harbor and offers indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the water and has great sunsets. They usually have someone playing piano.

I'm sure there are other restaurants/bars that offer some form of live entertainment. I'll post about them if they come to mind!

For non-restaurant/pub nightlife, there's the Harbor Theatre which has first run movies in season. There's also the neat old bowling alley where there's a pool table and videao games.

Check out the Opera House website for all kinds of fun stuff. They offer plays, big name entertainment of all kinds, etc.

Think that's about it. You might want to check out www.boothbayharbor.com, the Chamber's site for more info and a calendar of events.

Have fun on your trip and welcome to Boothbay Harbor!

cozyharbor

Manchester, England
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife

thanks for the info. I,ll be there in August

Boothbay Harbor, ME
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife

On the off chance you check back...

There's not too much in the way of nightlife in the area. My favorite pub is at the Thistle Inn, a block up the hill from the main street, Townsend Avenue. This is a great little pub that will remind you a bit of England. It's usually pretty busy into the summer. You can sit outside for dinner, then hang out at the boat bar afterwards. The pub's usually pretty busy.

Just before and at sunset, head up to the top floor of the Boathouse Bistro. They have great beers and cider on tap, and some good sangria. Food is also great. You'll get a view of the harbor and there's always someone fun to chat up while sitting at the bar.

Once a buzz has taken hold, I'd suggest heading over to McSeagull's or Gray's, as mentioned. McSeagulls usually has a pretty good crowd and live music. Gray's is pretty "divey," but has foosball and pool tables and a younger crowd.

Have fun!

4. Re: nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor