We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fisherman's Wharf

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Fisherman's Wharf

I can't believe this Inn is not listed here. We just returned and had a wonderful 3 days at the Wharf. We had a room right on the harbor and could see from the footbridge out to the mouth. I spent a bit of time just sitting on our balcony watching the passing boats which ranged from kayaks to private yachts to the commercial cruisers. A continental breakfast is included and has views of the morning preparations in the harbor. Everything is right at the door of the Wharf, whale watch, lighthouse tour, Cabbage Is. clambake cruises, shops, restaurants, etc. My husband only needed the car to go golfing. The staff is courteous, helpful and pleasant. The young people working as waitresses and waiters, shop employees and valets aren't afaid to smile and are capable and knowledgeable. The busy harbor was fun to watch and the whale watch cruise actually found whales. We will definitely return.

Quincy...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Fisherman's Wharf

Hi I am interested in the Fisherman' Wharf. My husband and I want to get away in September. It ssounds wonderful. Was it quiet enough to sleep in and to go to bed early? We want to have fun but both need the R and R to include some quiet?

Highland Heights...
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fisherman's Wharf

which whale watch cruise did you take? We will be in Boothbay next week w/our kids.

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fisherman's Wharf

To BostonBean: Our room 102 was perfect! First, Boothbay Harbor doesn't get real noisy in the evenings. Since it was warm, we had the ac on and the windows shut; but even sitting out on our porch was quiet. As a couple you might enjoy the cruise to Monhegan Island. If you hike across to the other side you can have your lunch (which you brought with you) while sitting on the rocks listening to the "crashing surf". We did that some years ago when we could hike. The Fisherman's Wharf is open only til mid October, so don't go too late.

To Travelingfamily: We took the whale watch affiliated with Fisherman's Wharf, at the yellow booth. Don't forget to ask for your discount since you are staying there.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fisherman's Wharf

My husband and I are staying there the end of August. Can you tell me is it close to the shops, and how is there restaurant. We will be arriving late afternoon, so we would like to eat there thank you Donna bojangs@aol.com

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fisherman's Wharf

They are right in the center of the village. Their restaurant is very good. But, if you want a real Maine lobster, I would suggest the Lobster Dock right over the footbridge across the harbor. It's a lobster pound and you eat at a picnic table, very informal. The restaurant at Fisherman's is ... a restaurant. :) Have fun.

Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor