We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need some reviews...Please

Which Boothbay Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
I need some reviews...Please

Hi.I am still trying to get reviews on Rocktide Inn or Spruce Inn??/ Michele S., you seem to be the Maine expert...Can you help?

Thanks so much.

Rockland, Maine
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need some reviews...Please

I assume you've looked at the reviews here in TripAdvisor?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g40525-d295283-…

and

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g40525-d115507-…

new jersey
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need some reviews...Please

Thank You. They were very helpful reviews!!

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need some reviews...Please

We just returned from Boothbay Harbor where we stayed at the Fisherman's Wharf across the Harbor from the Rocktide. We paid $172 a night including a continental breakfast. Our room was #102 right out on the harbor where a schooner was moored. This Inn is right in the middle of the village and everything is right there. The balcony is small but gives a wonderful view of the entire harbor, the footbridge and out to the mouth. The staff is great, the hotel is clean, the food, if you choose to dine there, is very special. The view at breakfast is calming and soooo Maine...ish. The whale watch, lighthouse tour, clambake cruises are right there. All the shops are lovely. The ice cream shop is just steps away as are many other restaurants. I purchased the best ceramic mushrooms from the Nautical Rooster. We stayed 3 nights and I could have stayed 3 more. Have a great trip.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need some reviews...Please

I've never stayed at either, tho I've been on the grounds of both.

Spruce Point is a well-appointed resort, but only a small fraction of the rooms have a water view. And, even with a water view, they are set back quite a bit from the water. So, they aren't right on the edge of the water like the Rocktide.

If I was vacationing in Boothbay, I think I'd go for one of the built-on-the-water places, like the Rocktide merely for the fun of having the harbor right outside of my door, unless it was high, high season and I wanted to get away from all the folks.

For a quieter spot, I'd investiate the Topside, http://www.topsideinn.com/ (I'm intriqued by its location) or if you don't mind driving a few miles over to East Boothbay, the Five Gables Inn http://www.fivegablesinn.com/ has a nice view and I've read good reviews.

new jersey
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need some reviews...Please

Thank you all sooo much for the info. I'm sure we'll have a great trip./ Travelmom9

Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor