We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antiquing in and around Boothbay Harbor

Which Boothbay Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, VA
2 posts
Save Topic
Antiquing in and around Boothbay Harbor

I will be in East Boothbay for the first 2 weeks of August. Does anyone have any tips for antiquing. I love all antique shops but want to focus on nonfussy ones. Nothing super upscale.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antiquing in and around Boothbay Harbor

Hi wanderer...

One of the best antiques shops around is Avalon. Its a co-op located on route 1 in Wiscasset and has 3 floors of great stuff. And affordable for the most part.

Another good spot is Nobleboro Antique Exchange. They also offer 3 floors of all kinds of neat stuff and the owners are wonderful and very helpful.

Nobleboro is about a 40 minute or so drive from BBH and the place is located on route 1. Just take route 27 north out of BBH, go right on the River Road, drive through Damariscotta (great places for lunch Newcastle Sq, Damariscotta River Grill or King Eider's Pub) and just stay on route 1 till you come to it.

Also in the above area are several other smaller antique shops.

Have fun and let me know how you make out. I am an antiques buff and there's not a whole lot more I enjoy than puttering around in an antique shop, co-op, flea market or yard sale :).

Good luck!

cozyharbor

2. Re: Antiquing in and around Boothbay Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, October 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor