We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here is my trip report

PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Here is my trip report

We just returned a few days ago after spending 6 nights in Boothbay Harbor. It was wonderful with hot(but humid) sunny days followed by some gorgeous sunsets.

We spent a lot of time on our deck at Brown's Wharf just reading, relaxing, having a glass of wine and watching the harbor activity. It was heavenly to get up early and take my cup of coffee outside and enjoy some quiet time.

We did some shopping in town. Because tourism was down, we were able to find parking spots on the streets. This was impossible to do four years ago.

I want to specifically thank Cozy Harbor for the suggestion of driving to Five Islands Lobster Co. We got there about 11 AM just to spend time walking around and taking pictures before they opened at 11:30 AM. Such a beautiful spot to enjoy steamers

and lobster! By the time we left the lot was full and people were looking for places to park. Some were very creative in their solutions.

During our drives, we stumbled upon the Green Market Gourmet store which sells organic produce, cheeses, meats, etc. With their help, we put together an assortment of cheeses and salamis we had never tried before. And, one of the best baguettes we've had. This was enjoyed as dinner back at the hotel one evening.

I also want to thank HD in CentralMe for suggesting we try the Ocean Grill for brunch.

As time permits, I will post reviews for Brown's Wharf, the Thistle Inn, Le Garage, the Lobster Dock and Ocean Grill.

My husband and I are ready to return to your beautiful area whenever we can. We love it there.

Spring, Tx
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Here is my trip report

I have to ask...what is a lobster roll? I live in Houston and don't see those here. It sounds like something I might like to try on my trip to Maine in Oct.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,037 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Here is my trip report

The locals can give you the exact answer. It can be shaped like a hot dog bun, but is a folded over slice of thick white bread. It is filled with lobster meat. It can be made with butter, or mayo and celery. Sometimes even a little lettuce!

Each place makes them a little different.

aldenteblog.com/2008/06/almost-edible-6.html

…msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/z_Project…

Spring, Tx
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Here is my trip report

Yummmm....I'm adding that to my list of "must do" in Maine! Thanks!

PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Here is my trip report

Yes, they ARE yummy. And, they are a perfect alternative if you don't feel like cracking and picking meat from a whole lobster. I think you will enjoy them!

Lewiston, Maine
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Here is my trip report

~ Great trip report!! Don't you feel yourself

drifting back at times and savoring the

memories?? Its a special place for sure.

Linday12...you are in for a special treat

when you get to taste a lobster roll.

~Cheers~

^-^

PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Here is my trip report

When we got home, my husband found a scene of BH which is now the wallpaper on our computer.

I forgot to mention in my original post that we also visited the Vintage House, a store at the Boothbay Resort. It sells wine, cheeses, Maine made products and other items. My husband went into the small beer room and was in heaven. The selection included beers that we've never seen in Pennsylvania.

The lady who greeted us was very nice and gave us a tour and explanation of what was in each room. We put together a nice gift basket to give to our neighbor at home.

It is a small store with some interesting select products.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Here is my trip report

I am going in Oct.Where is the five Island Lobster Company and the Gourmet store you are talking about? Is it expensive?

PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Here is my trip report

Five Islands Lobster Co. is in Georgetown. Their website offers directions and menu.

The Green Gourmet Market store is on Rt.1 in Wiscasset. We did not think the prices were outrageous for the quality of food items. They offered cheeses and meats not readily available in supermarkets. Nice selection of organic products.

They also have a small selection of very reasonably priced wines.

www.greengourmetmarket.com

19. Re: Here is my trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor