We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Heron, Greenleaf or Harbor House?

Which Boothbay Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Heron, Greenleaf or Harbor House?

Needing a one night stay in Boothbay Harbor before heading onto Southwest Harbor. Narrowed it down to these three. Cost not really an issue but want something easy walking distance to town. Also thinking about visiting Botanical Gardens and Ocean Point walk, so not sure where these are in relation to our other 2 sightseeing possibilites. Thanks, in advance.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Heron, Greenleaf or Harbor House?

Hi tm,

I've never stayed at any of the Inns you've mentioned but all are in good locations. However the Greenleaf is right in the heart of town while the other two are just a tad away from the hustle and bustle but still in town. I think all 3 have some sort of water view also, though Harbor House and Blue Heron are at the head of the harbor where it dries up at low tide. But that can be very interesting too as lots of birds swoop in to feed on the eels, clams, etc and thats fun to watch :).

I have seen the first floor of the Greenleaf and chatted with the InnKeeper and its lovely. I don't think you'd go wrong there. But the other places look very nice from the outside too. Sorry, if I'm confusing you more!

In regards to the Botanical Gardens and Ocean Point... All 3 accomodations are of equal distance from either place. The Gardens are about 4 to 5 miles from downtown. And Ocean Pt is about the same distance in a different direction. Both are worth the visit.

You also might think of checking out the Porter Preserve and possibly any of the other properties within the Boothbay Region Land Trust. Check out www.bbrlt.org for more info. The Porter Preserve is my favorite as it has stunning/pretty/delightful views around every nook and crannie of water, coves, harbors, etc.

In any case, good luck with your choice and have a great time in BBH!

cozyharbor

London, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Heron, Greenleaf or Harbor House?

Just stayed at the Harbor House this past weekend and loved it! Just opened for the season and we were the first guests. The house is situated at the top of the hill in town, very easily walkable and has great views of the harbor. Monica was a delight, very helpful.

The room (considered the smallest) was quite spacious (compared to our apartment in Boston and inns on Nantucket) and had a queen sleigh bed. The bathrooms are private. The one downfall would be that the tv was quite old (bunny ears) and we really only got one or two channels. Not a bad thing, but we wanted to check the weather and watch the Sox play.

Quite a spread in the morning for breakfast...we weren't counting on that and enjoyed it on the porch.

Overall, we highly recommend this B&B... our wedding guests are staying here this summer and we're thrilled to be able to tell them.

3. Re: Blue Heron, Greenleaf or Harbor House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor