We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boothbay

Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Boothbay

Planning a trip to Boothbay - any recommendations on where to stay? Looking for great views and within walking distance of sights and restaurants.

Highland Heights...
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boothbay

We recently stayed at the Spruce Point Inn and had a wonderful time. It is in a quiet area of Boothbay Harbour, with a mix of accomi

dations spread over many acres. The newer units are large and lovely, though many have obstructed views. The sunsets off the pier are a delight. There are hammocks and chairs at the harbour's edge ( as well as a small salt water pool). The staff was friendly and helpful. Our only disappointment was the restuarant, but there are so many to choose from just down the road into " town". Try Expedia for good rates.

Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boothbay

Thanks travelingfamily! I'll look for more information on that inn.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boothbay

Boothbay is well known for it's art community and full of shops selling local arts and crafts. Lobster on the docks is one of the all time great experiences. Make sure you also do Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park while in ME. My two favorite ME towns for B&B and Inn's.

Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boothbay

Thanks so much for the input.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boothbay

At the Spruce Point Inn, the majority of the units are not on the water. A small percentage will be in sight of the water, but set back with a road and an expansive lawn between you and the water. It's not like you just open the door or window and you are right there over the water. Plus, you will have to drive to shops and restaurants.

If you want to be right on the water and in walking distance of everything, you want one of the in-town, on-the-harbor places. Now that it's past Labor Day, town should be a little less frenetic and it should be fun to be right down there in the middle of everything.

Read through past Boothbay posts and you'll find loads of recommendations.

oregon
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boothbay

We took advice from fellow forum members and will be staying at the Topside Inn next week in Boothbay Harbor. Check out their web site. Good Luck

Level Contributor
114 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boothbay

We recently stayed at the Blue Heron Seaside Inn - and it was lovely. It is conveniently located within walking distance to all of the shops and restaurants in town. The Innkeepers were so knowledgeable about the area and offered many suggestions on things to do and places to eat. Our room was very large and very clean. All rooms have gorgeous water views which you can admire from your balcony.

Boothbay, Maine
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Boothbay

Hello. I now live in Boothbay. Places in the Harbor you might want to consider are: the Rocktide, Bothbay Harbor Inn, Fisherman's Wharf and the Tugboat Inn. All are on the water and witin walking distance to shops. Most, if not all, have web sites for more info. Hope you enjoy your visit to this very special place.

Oceanside, New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Boothbay

Hi Sunset!

I'm a native Mainer living on Long Island. I have spent many happy days in Boothbay Harbor with friends and family. Our favorite place to stay is Fisherman's Wharf. It is in the middle of town, gorgeous views with a balcony. I've taken new friends up there and it's the only place we'll stay. We had a 3 year lapse and when we returned the valets remembered us as "the NY teachers!" Speak with Bob about your choice of room location. Tell him exactly what you want. Enjoy!

Lisa

Charlotte,NC
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Boothbay

Well if you have your heart set on boothbay you cant really go wrong. But if you really love good sunsets i would make the trip to Bar Harbor. Go up to the top of Cadillac Mountain at Acadia National Park. Seeing the sunset up there is just breathtaking. Plenty of Bed and breakfasts and nice hotels

mcool

p.s. Cadillac Mountain is the spot i asked my wife to marry me. : )