We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bethel in October

Which Bethel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
70 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Bethel in October

We will be staying at the Bethel Inn from October 5 to 11 . Do not hike but love photography and antiquing , also hoping leaves will be close to peak ?

Any suggestions as to places that are "must see" , places to eat , things to do .

Thanks !

2 replies to this topic
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bethel in October

Plenty of photo ops.... our favorites would include loop drives that include Rt 2 west to Gilead, Rt 113 south to Fryeburg, Rt 302 east (a very short ways) to Rt 5 north back to Bethel.... or Rt 2 east to Rt 26 north through Grafton Notch State Park to Erroll, NH and NH Rt 16 north; then NH Rt 16 north until it becomes ME Rt 16 and north on ME Rt 16 to ME Rt 17 south in Oquossoc ME (with a possible side trip south on ME Rt 4 to the village of Rangeley, then backtracking to Oquossoc) to Rt 17 south to US Rt 2 in Mexico, ME (be sure to look for the Height of Land Scenic Turnout on Rt 17 a short ways south of Oquossoc and for Coos Canyon Roadside Rest area in Byron, also on Rt 17), then US Rt 2 west to Bethel... or Rt 26 south from Bethel to Rt 117 east in South Paris to Rt 4 north in Turner to Rt 108 north in Livermore to US Rt 2 west in Rumford and Rt 2 back to Bethel... All should give you a good look at the foliage and Maine forest and countryside.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bethel in October

Hello ,

I am Travelling to Maine this weekend. I m visiting Mt washigton and from there going to Rangely lake. Can you guide me which route will be good for MT washigton to Rangely lake.. I will appreciate your help..

Jordan

Reply to: Bethel in October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted