We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel by the airport

Ocean Springs, MS
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel by the airport

We need a clean and inexpensive hotel within walking distance to the Bangor Airport. Any suggestions? We have to rent a car, but we are doing that the next day. We will be flying in late. (mid-April) We only need one for the start and end of our vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Bangor
Bangor
Maine
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel by the airport

There is The Four Points Sheraton which is connected to the bangor international airport. This is the only one you would be able to walk to.

The addy and # is 800-573-7251

308 Godfrey Boulevard

Bangor, ME 04401

There is this restuarant http://www.groundround.com/home/default.asp

That is located a few miles from the airport that you could take a taxi to.

The airport is located off a street called Union St. which has a McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, etc etc. It doesn't have hotels or motels on the street.

I live 45 minutes from Bangor plus work and go to college in bangor so if you need anymore information let me know.

Mentioned in this post
Bangor
Bangor
Maine
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,819 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel by the airport

As noted, the Sheraton is the only motel/hotel you could walk to. However, it isn't cheap. Several of the chain motels offer free transportation to and from the airport. They would be cheaper.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel by the airport

Look on Tripadvisor at tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g40502-Bangor_Maine-H… and anything that says it is on Oldin Road or Hammond Street is going to be near the airport (but not considered to walking distance):

Holiday Inn Odlin Road

Howard Johnson

Econo Lodge

Ramada Inn

Super 8

Fairfield Inn

Motel 6

Travelodge

Days Inn Airport

Best bet is probably to study the reviews and pick the one that has the best comments.

I bet the ones with the lowest nigthly rates won't have a free airport van, but maybe you can take a cab instead. The fare can't that that high for such a short ride.

Bradley, Maine
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel by the airport

There is but one hotel at/near the airport. As you are getting in late and only need one night it won't be bad. You won't even need to walk outside. You will on the other hand have to go down stairs to pick up luggage. As noted, there are quite a few budget hotels on Odlin Rd that will offer pick up service to airport. Travellodge, HoJo's Etc...

Best of luck. Where is the rest of your vacation?