We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel is best

East Coast
Level Contributor
43 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel is best

Will be in Bangor for about a week and wondering about lodging. Anyone have a good recommmendation? Reasonable, clean, comfortable and quiet.

East Coast
Level Contributor
43 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which hotel is best

Choose Bangor because we have family in the area and it is central to all that we want to see.

The Country Inn at the Mall is a nice lead, however before making that reservation I wonder if anyone knows of a cabin/cottage/vacational rental within minutes of Bangor.

Though BaxterME has given some beautiful lake locations they seem a bit farther out than we were hoping for.

We will be there end of June - early July.

SOOO appreciate your time.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which hotel is best

Pushaw Lake will be your closest lake to Bangor, but it could be 15-30 minutes depending on which part of the lake.

Bradley, Maine
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which hotel is best

Pushaw will be closest to bangor there is a "Bangor/Glenburn" side. Actually Orono side is super easy from Bangor too. NOT Old Town or Hudson side.

Green and Lucerne really aren't a long drive at all. Very easy access. Good luck. I don't have any specifics but I know of locals that will rent a place on one of the lakes just for their own "vacation". Try googling or one of the local realtors. I just googled-

rent camp lucerne maine

and came up with a bunch. I also did

home rent week bangor maine

and came up with a lot of home weekly rentals "rent bangor" run by Curtis Marsh who was a former landlord of mine. Seems to have a lot of weekly and monthly rentals available. Good Luck!

Maine
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Which hotel is best

Although this topic seems to have gone silent for a while, I am writing from the very new Courtyard Marriott at 200 Sylvan Rd. Very nice, clean quiet, spacious. Easy on-off to I-95. Cool little "bistro" in the lobby. Very easy drive to the all new Hollywood Slots downtown (which was a pleasant way to spend a Friday evening).

24 hour Denny's across the street. Even newer Hilton Garden Inn going to open in weeks behind Denny's. Good luck. I agree with all the others in this Bangor forum. If you are here for days the best thing to do is drive down to Acadia National Park. A true gem in the NP system. Very accessible and every view is a postcard view.

15. Re: Which hotel is best

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 19, 2009