We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road from Bangor to St John

Meaford, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
74 reviews
road from Bangor to St John

we are thinking of using this road #9 on the Bangor to St John stretch, to avoid Fredricton etc this summer 2017... but towing a pop-up camping trailer. Is the road suitable for a towing vehicle, we do tow with a truck...

thanks

7 replies to this topic
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,544 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: road from Bangor to St John

I'm not sure what the road needs to be. Route Nine is known as a truck route. So if semis and logging trucks can do it, I would think you could also. It's well paved, a bit hilly, runs through some lovely scenery.

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: road from Bangor to St John

This road has been upgraded substantially over the past several years. It is well paved and most hills have three lanes to allow for easy passing of slower trucks or vehicles. It is a lovely ride. Be sure to gas up in Bangor or Brewer as it is over seventy miles with no gas stations. There is one diner with gas, "Airline Diner" thirty eight miles from Bangor but I have stopped there a few times and they were out of fuel. You will have no problems towing a camper on this road.

Tim

Acadia Safaris

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,598 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: road from Bangor to St John

BTW - The Canadian convention is to spell out "Saint John." This is to distinguish it from St. John's, the capital of Newfoundland.

Meaford, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: road from Bangor to St John

thanks for your help...seems we should take that route.

now we are looking for motels along the route from Toronto to Bangor that have easy enough carpark to park the truck/camper overnight, to save setting it up every night in a camp site.

that will need some research...

Meaford, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
74 reviews
5. Re: road from Bangor to St John

thanks for putting my mind at rest.....the road looks like a minor road on the map and I was

concerned whether it would be suitable....

Meaford, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
74 reviews
6. Re: road from Bangor to St John

thanks....I though it was spelt different but wanted to match in with some other posts

I had seen so not to confuse where I wanted to go...

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
80 reviews
7. Re: road from Bangor to St John

I always use the #9 over the I95......it's a shorter distance and a really nice drive.....

Reply to: road from Bangor to St John
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted