We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurant in area!

Talking Rock,Ga
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best restaurant in area!

I was sent to La. on a hurricane responce team, and we stayed in Ponchatoula. There weren't many places with power, but we found one off main street, right next to the police station, and city hall. It is Rockafeller's restaurant, and I had the best meal in my life there last night. We started out with a dozen oysters, and some fried mushrooms. They were out of this world. I ordered the catfish delacroix, with a loaded baked potato, and sauteed mushrooms. The catfish was breaded, and then fried, and the delacroix sauce had shrimp and crabmeat along with some mild seasoning, and was served on top. It was the best combination of flavors I have ever tasted. The other guys ordered the 14 oz. Ribeye special steak, and it could be cut with a butter knife. It was unreal. Then we were advised to order the strawberry shortcake for desert. We were all stuffed, but the hostess insisted. They brought out this plate FULL of strawberry cake, with cream cheese and whipcream , and a chocolate dipped strawberry on top. It was the best desert I have ever had in my life. If any one is in the area, PLEASE do yourself a favor, and go eat here. You will be very happy you did

1. Re: Best restaurant in area!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ponchatoula