We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

Which Monroe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help

We are coming through there this July and would like to stay the night on our way through. Is there a bad part of town that we need to stay away from - we have two small kids. Also is there anything for to take the kids to do while we are there?

thanks

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
344 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help

I just got back from being there a month. I stayed at the Residence Inn, which was nice. However, the train is extremely close and if you are a light sleeper, I would stay elsewhere.

The Courtyard Marriott is close by, but a little further from the train. You would be right at the Mall, which was safe and close to I 20.

I knew some people who stayed at la Quinta on 165 and I was told to avoid that area.

I believe anything in the W Monroe area would be fine. I knew someone who stayed at The Quality Inn and had a nice stay.

As far as things to do for kids...I know there is a nice zoo. I did not do a lot of kid type things, but I do someone who took their 5 year old to the Biedenharn Museum and they enjoyed that.

Sterlington...
Level Contributor
7 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help

In Monroe I would avoid anything south of 20.

3. Re: Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, October 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Monroe
More Monroe Topics