We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Itinerary

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Itinerary

I'll be arriving on Wednesday, May 16th. Amtrak changed my schedule, and I'm arriving at 12:30 instead of 3:30. I'll be picking up my car and making my way to the Blue Moon Guesthouse. Today's just a quiet day, nothing specific planned, just walk around, get my bearrings, and go to the Blue Dog restaurant for supper. And then enjoying the Cajun jam at the Blue Moon (and probably having a bit too much fun as I always do the 1st night somewhere's). :)

Thursday:

St Martinville in the am to visit the Acadian and African museums, look around, etc. Late lunch will be at the Old Tyme Grocer. A late supper will be at Prejean's for some good food and some good music. Are reservations required? Then back to the Blue Moon for more music.

Friday:

Visiting the Vermillion Acadian Village in the am, lunch at Johnson's Boucaniere and then spent the rest of the day and evening visiting downtown and enjoying the DTA concert and atmosphere.

Saturday:

Mamou and Eunice. Supper will probably be close to the guesthouse, either at Artmosphere or the Filling Station. Evening will be spent at the Blue Moon. Going home the next morning.

I know I could probably squeeze in more stuff, but I don't want to over schedule. I want the time to really enjoy what I'm seeing and doing. Not to mention that the Blue Moon looks like a great place to take it easy.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Itinerary

Looks like a good plan. Are you going to Breaux Bridge. Cafe Des Amis is a lot of fun.

There's a Lafayette branch of Cochon now. Enjoy your trip.

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Itinerary

What a great plan! Not too overscheduled and that's good.

One thing to consider adding. There is usually some great dinner/music at Café des Amis in Breaux Bridge on Wednesday. Their website has the schedule through the Wednesday before your arrival, as it happens, but check to see if it's something you can't bear to miss. Luscious food (quite rich) and lots of local musicians in the audience. The jam at the Blue Moon goes to quite late, I think.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Itinerary

I was just checking Prejean's website, and they must've recently changed their menu cause nothing on it looks good to me (I'm a bit of a fussy eater). It's almost all fish, and I'm not a fish eater, so I may have to change my plans a bit. Maybe I should switch Blue Dog to Thursday, and make my way to Breaux Bridge on Wednesday? I just looked at their menu, looks waaaaaay better. Hummm, best laid plans.

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Itinerary

Prejean's has the best food of the three Cajun restaurants that have nightly music. Pont-Breaux's (formerly Mulate's) has the better music. Randol's has great music and the food may be getting better, according to what I've heard. Pont-Beaux's is in Breaux Bridge (duh) and Randol's is in the southwest corner of Lafayette. Café des Amis is so rich I can't eat much there (I'm a fussy eater, too!) but I do love their gumbo. And most people love all that butter and cream and boudin!

If you are not filled up on Cajun jams, there is one a Vermilionville on Saturday. A handful of old-timers are there to lead things and there are usually a lot of younger people (teens, twenties), as well.

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Itinerary

Axle has a point with Cochon, especially for the non-fan of fish. This is a very high-end place with a nationally known chef who is from south of Eunice! The emphasis is more on pork, etc. than fish. A new restaurant has opened in Lafayette after a big success for years in New Orleans. http://www.cochonlafayette.com/

Damn. This just made me furiously hungry.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Itinerary

And I'm just totally confused now. HA! Too much food, not enough time.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Itinerary

Porelly............here's a good lookin joint you might like. Mmm........Soul Food.

roadfood.com/Restaurant/Review/7906-9468/gle…

8. Re: Trip Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 am, June 19, 2013